Not all electronic claim attachment solutions are created equally.
At NEA, we specialize in claim attachments and have for over 20 years; that’s what makes us the expert in the space. Our technology works well, our relationships with payers and dental plans are unmatched at over 750 and our partner-base is strong. We never drop anything to paper as most other vendors do (ask them and see.) All attachments are sent securely, electronically and immediately so that you get reimbursed within days not weeks or months.
For those that are considering moving away from paper to an electronic attachment solution – KUDOS to you, but know that you need to do your homework. The same goes for anyone thinking of exploring other claim attachment services. As with anything in life, you get what you pay for, and cheaper isn’t always better; often, it’s just plain “cheaper,” so do your research.
Here’s a brief checklist to evaluate your claim attachment vendor partner options:
1. What security protocols does your claim attachment solution follow to ensure the security of Protected Health 2. Information (PHI) managed by my practice?
2. Will you sign a Business Associate Agreement (BAA)?
3. How much experience do you have specifically with claim attachment submissions?
4. What percentage of claim attachments do you transmit electronically versus via paper?
5. What happens if you’re not electronically connected to the payer or health plan I need to submit to?
6. How many payers and health plans are you connected to electronically specifically for claim attachments?
7. Do you have an online portal that I can go to and search to see which codes require which claim attachments in advance of submitting like FastLook from NEA?
8. Do you charge for training? Technical support?
9. How many attachments do you submit electronically monthly? How many have you lost?
10. If I sign-up for your attachment service as part of a “bundle” and find that it’s not meeting my expectations, how can I cancel?
11. What types of training and support resources are available for me and my staff?
12. What happens if/when I have staff turn-over and need re-training on the software?
Interested in learning more about the best solutions for submitting supporting documentation from the leader in 100% electronic claim attachment technology for over 20 years? Contact NEA at 800-782-5150, option 2 to learn more about FastAttach or register online. We’re happy to answer your questions.